Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 11: White Chicken Chili

Courtesy of: Heidi again :)
Serves: 6-8
Prep and cook time: 25 minutes

1 rotisserie chicken, meat cut into chunks
4 cans great northern beans, drained
1 large jar salsa
1 block monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1 can chicken broth
1 tablespoon cumin
Hot sauce, as desired

Dump in a large pan and heat until cheese is melted, flavors are combined, and it's piping hot. Serve with tortilla chips.

--
First of all, a big thanks to my dear Heidi for sponsoring this week's menu. And also, sorry if I completely frankensteined this recipe, because I've made it so many times I don't even know if it's close to the original anymore (feel free to correct me in the comments). I just add stuff until it looks and tastes right. Which it always does. Because it's delicious and seriously impossible to mess up. Just ask my husband. Or my family. Or my coworkers, who swarmed me for the recipe after I made it for a chili day at work one year. It was actually kind of depressing to hand over the recipe, because it seems so much more impressive and complicated than it actually is.

You may notice I didn't post anything about Monday's dinner. It was just too silly to post (top a crescent roll dough triangle with a piece of ham and a piece of cheese, roll into a crescent and bake for 15 minutes) and I didn't take pictures. It was a hit with Calvin, though. Also, I was supposed to make a new pasta recipe last night, but after being up all night with a sick toddler I just didn't have the energy. So I made tonight's dinner last night, and tonight we'll probably have pizza or something similarly non-homemade and delicious.

2 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Oooo! Thanks for this one and the idea of the cresent rolls! Both ones my family will LOVE and will be super simple. Great ideas!!!
Hope your sick kid is better and your well earned pizza is delicious!

the deKorne family said...

i'm flattered. :) love our love of food. whether counting points or eating our brains out. ;)

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design