Monday, September 26, 2011

Some things never change.

The rarest kind of friend (and my personal favorite) is the pick-right-up-where-you-left-off friend. I've had a few of them in my lifetime and they really are some of my dearest and most favorite people on earth. Despite the whole never seeing each other thing.

My friend Trish is one of those friends. She's a fellow Taylor alum and 3rd Berg survivor. We spent two years living across the hall from one another and I can say with confidence she is one of the best things to come out of my time at Taylor (along with these lovely ladies, who I thankfully see on a slightly more regular basis).

Sadly, Trish and I haven't seen each other since my wedding. SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO. I'm not even sure we've talked on the phone in six years. Which is kind of how things go when you get older and busier and have four states and a Mason-Dixon line between you.

Thanks to the magic of air travel and Trish's husband getting bumped off a previous flight, she had a voucher and got to come visit this weekend. And let me tell you, we lived it up.

We were going to get wasted on Apple Pucker and wear sparkly backless shirts out to the clubs (you know, like we did at Taylor), but instead we sat at my dining room table and crafted until 9:30pm, at which time we moved to the couch for a side-by-side game of Words With Friends on our iPhones.

We might be a few years older, but we're still just as cool.

Love this girl, and so thankful for friendships that really do stand the test of time.




Note: Horizontal stripes do not, in fact, camouflage an extra 25lbs of baby weight. Especially when a large portion of it is in your face. Friends, please learn from my mistakes and stick to solids. Also, you may want to avoid having your photo taken with a tan person from Atlanta when you're a pale person from Minnesota. That is all.

4 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Glad you guys had fun! You are both cute! Oh..and did you enjoy playing with Mr. Potato Head and coloring with crayons? :)

the deKorne family said...

you better just go ahead and send me the shirt, then. :) you are both cute-and you look beautiful. so does trish! so glad y'all got a weekend together!

Trish said...

So fun. Let's plan another weekend for sometime in the next 2 years. That's a better goal than 6.5. XOXO!

Mary said...

You are so cute and I love the top on you! Crafting and Words sounds like a fun night to me!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design