Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday, Friday, Friday, OHHHHH.

For some reason I always sing Rebecca Black's Friday to the tune of Justin Beiber's Baby.

And this concludes the portion of today's blog post where I embarrass myself.

I hope.

Things I love today:

1. Amy Grant's Better Than a Hallelujah.

2. The Band Perry's If I Die Young.

Note: I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks in my car lately (I'm on the 10th Janet Evanovich book) so I rarely have the radio on. Maybe the rest of you have been aware of those two songs for months (years?), I have no idea. I may be horribly dated, but at least I finally got the the part of the Stephanie Plum series where she gets it on with Ranger,* and that's been a long time coming. And since most of you have no idea what I'm talking about, I will just say that he is HOT and and leave it at that.

3. Leftover coffee in the coffee pot at home. I never used to drink coffee, but right now I need it to survive. And I am so happy when there's some leftover from the day before because I don't have to chill it — it can go right into my ice-filled reusable tumbler. Obviously I don't have any sort of trained coffee-drinking palate, and I'm guessing that is a completely gross and unacceptable practice. But that's okay. I'll drink mine and you'll drink yours and we'll all be happy and caffeinated and productive.

4. Rio. Nate and I watched this movie with Calvin last night and we were totally and completely delighted by it. So cute. I laughed a lot. Especially at all the Minnesota references, none of which hold weight ("cheese and sprinkles" is not really a thing, sorry). Highly recommended for the little ones. Or the big ones, if you're immature like we are.

Things I never thought I'd want to buy but do:

1. A minivan. Apologies to all my friends who have not yet gotten on board with the swagger wagon, but it's going to happen. Soon. Being cool** is just not as important to me as storage space and doors that open on their own. I understand if you're no longer willing to ride with me, but just know that I'm going to be mighty annoyed if I have to open my own door when getting in your car.

2. Uggs. (Ughs.) Last year, out of desperation and due to copious amounts of snow, I bought a pair of Target knock offs. And oh my heavens were they ever comfy and warm. They were also a cheap piece of crap and fell apart about a month in. In preparation for another long Minnesota winter (and the very real possibility none of my shoes will fit me in the last month of pregnancy), I am going to start scoping out real ones. I still think they're ugly as sin, but let's all reference the footnote from my #1 and remember that I don't care about shallow things like looks.***

3. Jeggings. I've succumbed. To maternity jeggings, no less. There's really nothing more to say except I probably look like a lumpy carrot and, well, so be it.

Things I always knew I wanted to buy and still want to:

1. Baby girl clothing. You guys, I have a problem. A big one. And that problem is my income to spending ratio when it comes to tiny dresses and striped leggings. Is there a 529 savings account for clothing? There should be. I'd max that sucker out.

Things I should probably stop doing:

1. Eating for two.

2. Shopping for baby girl clothing.

3. Watching Toddlers and Tiaras when Nate's not home. And probably TLC in general. Train. Wreck. However, if you haven't seen this parody with Tom Hanks, it's worth a watch.

Have a great weekend, lovelies!

*Don't worry, my mom already knows I listen to smut in the car. And she agrees with me...Ranger is HOT.
**Who am I kidding? Being cool has never been top priority for me. Lazy ALWAYS wins.
***Okay, fine. I do. Stop picking apart my blog post.

6 comments:

Emily said...

1. I do the same thing with the Friday song and Baby. lol

2. That is TOTALLY a terrible coffee practice. Just saying.

3. I love our mini van even if I don't drive it all THAT often. (Tony does.)

4. Baby girl clothes are so much more fun to shop for than baby boy clothes.

5. Happy Friday! :)

Carrie Ann said...

Abby. That coffee thing makes me shudder. I'm about 99.99% positive you won't do anything with this, but on the .01% chance that you're interested in drastically improving your iced coffee experience and YOUR LIFE, I present you with the (cheap, easy to use, available in many stores and amazon.com) Toddy Cold Press:
http://www.toddycafe.com/

Abby said...

So I guess the whole not embarrassing myself after that first line thing is out the window...

What can I say, I also love Totinos frozen pizza and Nate makes me buy AIM toothpaste. We're ghetto like that.

the deKorne family said...

I'm worse than you in almost all of those ways. :) Except I don't spend that much money on clothes. I'd say it's lost it's luster, but I never really did. Maybe it's good I didn't have a boy first. OR ever. Yay for vans. And jeggings. And old iced coffee. (mine's been sitting in my tervis in the fridge for several days now.) Love you-and quit saying you're not cool. You know you are. :) And besides, if you're not cool, then I'm back to the nerd I was in high school. Yikes. xoxo

Katie said...

Abby, do you know how excited I get when you have a new blog post? Giddily excited. And this post did not disappoint. I ALWAYS sing that song like that. So does my friend Susan. haha. Gross on the old coffee. Sorry. Rio was awesome. And it made Jeremy want to go to Brazil. And, Anne Hathaway and Will I Am are in it, so you can't go wrong, right? And now I've written so much I can't remember what else I was going to comment on.

Emily said...

Cold pressed coffee is the BEST! Did you miss the directions on my blog? :)

http://mylifebyblogs.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-most-recent-coffee-addiction.html

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design