Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Words and deeds.

This morning as I stumbled out of my bedroom, sporting wild hair and Nate's old t-shirt, I literally ran into my family. My husband smiled at the sight of me and said to Calvin "look at your pretty mama!" Calvin whispered back "she is soooo pretty."

Let me assure you, I was looking anything but pretty in that moment. But the tone of Nate's voice wasn't sarcastic or teasing. It was sweet. Loving. And my son's tiny voice was reverent.

These boys of mine, they love me. Despite my bad hair, bad days, bad moods. Despite my failures as a wife and mom, which are plentiful. Every day I am showered with sweetness and adoration, most often when I don't deserve it.

My son is too small to understand the impact of his precious words. But my husband, he knows. And he teaches Calvin every day how to be a man. A man who respects women and cherishes his wife. A man who provides for and leads his family. A man who makes time for and treasures his children.

And he does so gently, easily, in both words and deeds.

What a blessing it is to be his wife.

1 comment:

The Moser Fam... said...

You just made me cry. You are blessed. You have some good boys....and I know they are blessed by you too! Love!

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design