Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 13: Crispy Apricot Porkchops and Roasted New Potatoes

Crispy Apricot Porkchops
Courtesy of: Everyday Food Magazine
Serves: 4
Prep and cook time: 25 minutes

4 bone-in porkchops
4 tablespoons apricot jam
2 slices of multigrain bread
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pan
Salt and pepper

Heat oven to 425 and brush oil lightly over cookie sheet. Tear bread into large pieces and add to food processor. Pulse until large breadcrumbs form. Drizzle tablespoon of olive oil onto breadcrumbs and pulse once or twice more until combined. Generously salt and pepper both sides of porkchops. Spread one tablespoon of jam on top side of each porkchop, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs and lightly pat them down. Transfer porkchops to oiled baking sheet and bake for 14-17 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees and juices run clear. Serve immediately.

Roasted New Potatoes
Courtesy of: All Recipes
Serves: 4
Prep and cook time: 40 minutes

1.5 pounds new potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag; toss to coat. Pour onto an ungreased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

--
I love Everyday Food. Do you get that? It's a pretty cheap subscription and I think I got an even better deal because I also subscribe to Martha Stewart Living. Anyway, it's worth checking out. I've made a number of quick and delicious recipes from that magazine and I love flipping through it every month. (Also, the magazine's spine is striped and they look super cute lined up on my kitchen counter.)

This pork recipe stood out a while back but I never considered actually making it because, ugh, the food processor? Sounded like a lot of work to me. (It's not.) Nate gave me a quick tutorial last night and...yeah. I'll be using it again. Soon, probably. Why I am I so scared of kitchen appliances that make life easier?

Anyway — this meal was yummy!

1. It takes longer than 14-17 minutes for pork to cook. At least in our oven. I'd plan on at least 25 minutes.

2. I didn't have new potatoes or dried rosemary, so I used yukon gold potatoes and Herbs de Provence. Both were swell substitutions.

3. I used an extra piece of bread so the porkchops would be heavily coated. And I probably used more than a tablespoon of jam on each, too. We're all about excess at our house. Especially when it comes to jam and bread.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design